Thursday, February 22, 2007

American Idol Report, Feb. 20

Overall, the quality of the female performers was much higher than the males. Lakisha Jones was fantastic. That was the best performance I have ever seen on Idol. The song, the voice, the emotion, the performance were all fabulous. Hopefully she can show versatility and sing "lighter" songs and other genres just as well.

Here are my rankings:

1.Lakisha Jones – Amazing performance. Best I’ve ever seen on American Idol.


2. Stephanie Edwards
3. Melinda Doolittle

4. Jordin Sparks
5. Sabrina Sloan
6. Gina Glocksen

7. Nicole Tranquillo
8. Haley Scarnato
9. Leslie Hunt
10. Alaina Alexander
11. Amy Krebs
12. Antonella Barba

My rankings are grouped in 4 groups. I think the top 3 contestants are far above the rest and Lakisha is far above everyone.
Who should go: Amy and Antonella
Who will go: Alaina and Antonella

Neither Amy nor Alaina were impressive. I prefer Alaina strictly on the song choice. I think the Pretenders’ Brass In Pocket is a better song than Bonnie Raitt’s I Can’t Make You Love Me.
Sorry for the abbreviated version of the notes this week. Wow, Lakisha gave a great performance. Melinda was good too. I thought that the top 5 are better than any of the boys.

No comments: