Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sugar and spice?

I have an observed a playground behavior that I think demonstrates that little girls can be as mean as little boys. But sneakier.
My son is autistic and thus can't really verbalize his wishes. But he does understand the concept of taking turns. Twice I have seen him approach a swing set where some girls are swinging. He will wait patiently for his turn. But it seems to me that the girls will not stop swinging as long as he is waiting. They will swing on and on. Yesterday, the poor girls swang for about 15 minutes and must have been bored to tears. But they kept swinging on. They had to. There was a boy waiting.
The first time I saw this behavior, Kevin moved on to something else and the girl stopped swinging within 30 seconds. Coincidence? I think not.

No comments: