Thursday, November 15, 2007

gift shopping


Today's paper had an item about President Bush giving his wife a watch as a combination anniversary/birthday gift. This raises a couple of questions. The first of course is of the propriety of giving a single gift for 2 occasions. I'm sure that opinions on this would fall pretty much along party lines.
The second question is, how does the president buy a gift? Does he ask his driver to make a quick stop at Macy's or the jewelry store on his way home from Andrews Air Force Base? Does he conspire with the reporters and viewers to conceal the information from his wife? Does Wolf Blitzer say "In other news, the President made an impromptu visit to Shaw's Jewelry Store today. He asked us to ask you, the viewers to please not tell his wife".
So I guess he must shop online. When he's on the computer does he yell out to his wife, "Honey can you bring me my wallet so I can type in my credit card number?" Does he have a wallet? Does he have to wear an ID badge when he walks around the White House? Does he have a credit card? If he runs his personal budget like the nation's budget, I imagine he must.
And how does he receive delivery of a watch at the White House?
I would think that a mysterious ticking box addressed to the president might raise a few eyebrows and get intercepted without ever reaching its destination.

Hard hitting questions that need to be answered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan .Hi Ane i visited yours blogs and enjoyed.i have also started my blog on Blogger by name ;A House wife'Blog . Best wishes for your sweet home.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan .Hi Ane i visited yours blogs and enjoyed.i have also started my blog on Blogger by name ;A House wife'Blog . Best wishes for your sweet home.