Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Song(s) of the Day, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

My ipod gets me. This morning, being New Year's Day, I put my ipod on shuffle and climbed aboard my gazelle glider exercise machine for the first of 365 or so exercise sessions this year (this time I really mean it). Soon enough the perfect New Year's Day song came on. "Picturing Changes" by Danny Beirne. Listen to it twice, its really good. I continued exercising wallowing in self-loathing, thinking about how dammit, this time things are going to change when the ipod proceeded to give me a hopeful glance at future possibilities. Next song up was Paul McCartney doing Chuck Berry's "Brown Eyed Handsome Man". Yup, that's me in about 3 months. I'll be back to the brown eyed handsome man my wife married. This time I really mean it. Click on the Danny Beirne link to purchase his cd.

So here they are:

Picturing Changes by Danny Beirne (click to listen)
Brown Eyed Handsome Man by Paul McCartney (click to listen)


Scroll down to my jukebox and you'll find another version of "Brown Eyed Handsome Man" by Neko Case. Also good.
True confession: I once used the acronym BEHM as my pseudonym in an NCAA basketball pool.

No comments: