Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Song of the Day

Unglamorous by Lori McKenna

Today's song of the day is a video. Don't worry it won't become a habit.
I just saw Lori McKenna live tonight at the Rams Head Tavern in Annapolis. She did an excellent show with a full band behind her. She's interesting. Late 30s, mother of 5, married since she was 19. I first heard her on an "Americana" collection CD. Americana is country music for those people ashamed to admit they like country music. Anyway, here's the song and video for the title track of her latest album. As I listen, I hear a bit of a Smashing Pumpkins song in it. I'll have to see if I can find that song. Scroll down to the jukebox and play the last song. Anybody else hear similarity? Nothing wrong with that. I just pride myself on being able to pick out similar bits of songs from years apart. I'm at the age where every song sounds like some other song and I can't sleep until I figure out which song.
Lori and band ended the show with a fabulous version of a song by the Band, "It Makes No Difference". I've added the Band's version to the jukebox below also.

No comments: