Saturday, January 19, 2008

Weekend Chores


My Christmas tree is down and put away. Thus I have accomplished everything on my to-do list for this 3 day weekend. One of my new year's resolution was to be realistic about the amount of work that I actually do . So I like to set achievable goals in terms of accomplishing things around the home.
You will notice that I have an artificial tree. Years ago, I decided on moral grounds to never buy a "real" tree again. The stories I have heard about the "farming" and mistreatment of pine trees were shocking. Apparently the trees are kept in a confined area and not allowed to roam. In addition, they are stored in the open with no protection from the sun and rain. They are also force fed water and light in order to have them grow to unnatural dimensions. I have also heard that some "farmers" have resorted to using fertilizer and compost to improve their crop. Some respect for nature, dumping garbage on our precious plants! If God had meant for garbage to be dumped on plants, He wouldn't have created landfills. So it is artificial trees for me, all the way.

No comments: