Saturday, February 2, 2008

Hooray to a true professional


Now that the gloom days of February are here, I want to give a shout out to the person who does their job better than anyone I know. Strangely enough, I've never seen or talked to this person and don't even know if they're male or female. But they are brilliant at their job and I truly appreciate it. This person is my newspaper carrier. I've never awakened before the paper arrived. And the truly beautiful thing is that they take the time to pull into my driveway and place the paper right up against the garage door. I don't have to set my cold bare feet even an inch outside in order to pick up my paper. This week, we had a huge rainstorm during the night. My paper was double bagged and place underneath the small amount of overhang of my garage. Completely dry when I picked it up, conveniently not having to set foot on any wet surface. Being a former paperboy, I give a tip every time I mail in my bill, but the service I get goes way beyond any reasonable amount of gratitude for that small token. This person is truly great at their job and they deserve a hearty round of applause.

No comments: