Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sunday Song(s) of the Day

In My Life by Johnny Cash (click to listen)
In My Life by the Beatles (click to listen)
Hendersonville by Last Train Home (click to listen)


To compensate for my inconsistent posting of the Song of the Day, here's a triple. First is the original: In My Life by the Beatles. Then is a cover of the same song that Johnny Cash did late in his life. Although his voice doesn't have the range of his youth, Cash's interpretation shows that a cover version can contain just as much emotion and sound even more personal than the original. You can just imagine him singing this to his wife June. The third song, Hendersonville, is Eric Brace's tribute to Johnny and June, which is quite touching.

1 comment:

AM Kingsfield said...

I do love the Johnny Cash version. That's a great song anyway, but he really improved it.