Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mailing Lists

So who do you get email from?
Not spam per se, but the random stuff you've signed up for over the years. I'm looking at my yahoo email (dtodd1959@yahoo.com) and have mail from the following folks:

the Onion
Costco
La Quinta
Vacations to Go
Kayak
JC Penney
Travelzoo
Macys
KMart
Vacation Express
BJs
Facebook
Vox
Paul Kelly (aka "the brilliant Paul Kelly")
Jenny Phillips (last minute travel)
Airtran
Landmark Resort (in Myrtle Beach)
Capon Springs Inn (an inn located in a 1950s time/space warp, near Winchester, Va)
Maryland Science Center
Autism Society of America

well, that's some but by no means all. You'd think I travel a lot more than I do.

And in my weekly Fountains of Wayne mention, they somehow managed to work a Costco and a La Quinta reference into one of their songs and even made it rhyme. Maybe they read my mail.
New Routine by Fountains of Wayne (click to listen)

No comments: