Thursday, December 15, 2011

Has it really been 8 months?

Someone I know died recently. I didn't know her well but I liked her. Thinking of her makes me smile. Someone from work who was part of "management". But unlike many, she was able to be tough without bullying or demeaning others. This is too rare a management skill and should be valued highly.
I'm in my 50's, so any unexpected death of an acquaintance always bothers me and instantly becomes all about me. I just have difficulty with the idea that you're alive one day, dead the next, and forgotten the day after that.
Yes, I know. Live each day as if it could be your last, value and treasure your loved ones, do your best to make a difference to somebody, etc.
But sadly, it ends up the same for us all.
I hope you weren't looking for wisdom here, because that's all I've got.
Anyway, goodbye Carol. I'm glad I knew you.

No comments: