Monday, February 12, 2007

Another humbling experience

Well, once again I'm humbled. I've posted about how I enjoy lists. Well as I was seeing who had referenced my blog, I came across someone who puts my lists to shame. Check out this page:
http://funktual.blogspot.com/2007/02/200-greatest-new-wave-songs.html

Naturally I loved perusing the 200 greatest new wave songs. I knew most of them. My wife even knew a lot of them. Check out the other lists on the right side. My wife and I enjoyed discussing whether Ralph Wiggum should really be rated higher than Mrs. Kraboppel on the 50 best Simpsons characters. Also Lenny should definitely be higher than Carl.
I'm not a disco Stu fan, nor do I like Ralph Wiggum. I do like Ralph's dad though.

If you're a list guy like me, check this page.

1 comment:

James Freund said...

Hey thanks a lot Dan. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I was thinking of adding 50 to new wave one anyway. The reason I was writing in the first place was to let you know that it's been an especially busy month this March.
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually catalogued, rated, and listed every movie/film/documentary from 1980-2006!!! Lots of reminiscing going on at my house.
There are 27 new lists waiting for you. Avg. of 75 films seen per year in the 90s but back in the 80s about half that. It's amazing how the film industry has doubled it's output since the independent film wave of 91-93.
I'd really like to talk to you about your blog. How long has it been running and how do you generate interest? I gotta tell ya, the only good comments I've gotten so far were yours. Thanks for the heads up on Split Enz b/t/w!!!