Monday, June 18, 2007

Dispatch from my vacation, day 2

I like to think I'm adventurous about trying new foods, but I'm not. I can't imagine ever trying sweetbreads or tripe. But I will try something new if it sounds reasonable. For lunch, I had Colombian arecepas. I figured that they were similar to empanadas because I had a choice of beef, cheese, or tuna. I chose a combination. Basically, they were American style breakfast biscuits using VERY bland biscuits. Here they are:














The fillings were good, but the pastries were extremely bland. Not particularly good tasting at all. But it was a nice presentation.

For dinner, I tried grilled ostrich fillet. It was fine. It tasted like lean beef. I think you have to be careful not to overcook it because its so lean.
Here's a photo of Willemstad, Curacao taken by my wife. We had our lunch in the outdoor cafe under the red umbrellas..

No comments: