Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friday Song of the Day

No Regrets by the V-Roys (click to listen)
Hey, I'm back. Its been a stressful week at work and I haven't felt like using the computer once I'm home. But I've got a job to do here as well and I've got to post some music!
The V-Roys were a short lived band out of Knoxville during the late '90s. I really liked them. If you could make a recipe out of the things I like in a band, they would be the dish. Jangly guitars, multiple lead singers/songwriters, a bit of twang, hook laden melodies, and even a Hank Williams yodel on one song. One of their 2 singer songwriters Scott Miller has made a couple of albums and appears around my area (DC) every now and then. Haven't seen him yet. I haven't heard of anything by the other singer/writer (Mick Harrison?). They produced 2 excellent albums and this is an excellent example of their sound.

No comments: